TC2 Node PainterHave you ever wanted more control over your procedurally generated terrains in TC2? Then this extension is for you!
This is an extension for Terrain Composer 2, a terrain generation tool developed by Nathaniel Doldersum, and only works with it!
What is TC2 Node Painter?TC2 Node Painter allows you to paint TC2 nodes directly in the editor, greatly improving your terrain creation workflow, both procedural and manual.
It helps procedural terrain creators wanting more control over their terrain aswell as terrain painters laying out there terrain manually by offering more options on what to paint. Using this tool you can paint everything, from simple heights and splats over stone fields and forests to whole biomes with little setup required thanks to TC2's simple node editor interface.
How TC2 Node Painter can improve your terrain generation workflow:
- Paint anything - from stone fields, over forests, even whole biomes!
- Advanced conditional painting capabilities
- No need for an external image editor
- More precise positioning control than just noise
- Layer different painting sessions together non-destructively
- Works with multiple terrains out-of-the-box!
- TC2 is as flexible as terrain generation could possibly get
- By utilizing the power of your GPU it is really fast
- The node-based structure allows for an easy setup
- It is a 'Blending Powerhouse', allowing you to paint anything with its masks
All images made using TC2 default resources and presets:
Simple terrain height painting setup with auto-splatmapping and additional detail
Small biome painting setup with Mountain, Desert and Grass Biomes, assigning the canvas to both height and splat masks
- Works on any TC2 node (e.g. mask) in every output
- Three formats: Color, Value (Height) and Multi-Mask (Splat, Biomes, ...)
- Multiple terrain tiles and any node transformation supported!
- Both scene terrain and GUI painting
- 4 selected unique painting modes including smoothen/contrast
- Shortcuts for almost everything
- Brush and color preset system
- Extendable brush database and adjustable brush functions
- Separate undo system for the canvas
- Realtime modifications and tools
- Raw/Image import and export
- Works at runtime with TC2
- Lots of settings to customize
What else to know about TC2 Node Painter:
- You can either apply it directly on nodes or specify multiple seperate node targets
- It is fully GPU powered using normal shaders and could be used at runtime
- It includes high quality 512 brushes from asileFX
- Includes a Gaussian-function brush with adjustable falloff
- Includes full clean C# and shader source code!
ShowcaseWant to see TC2 Node Painter in action? Here is the first video of a new tutorial series:
For all tutorial videos, visit the tutorial page!